Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- When are meals served?
- Meals are served daily between 11:00 and 21:00 all year around. Last orders are at 19:30.
- Can you arrange dinners for large groups?
- We can provide one 50-mat room and two 25-mat rooms for large gatherings.
We can accommodate gatherings of up to 80 people such as get-togethers of senior citizen clubs, neighborhood association meetings, Buddhist services, welcome and farewell parties or year-end parties.
- Do you have a shuttle service?
- Groups of dinner guests of 10 or more people can use our shuttle bus service.
* The shuttle bus service is not available to lunch buffet guests.
- Can you accommodate visitors with food allergies and dietary restrictions?
- Yes, we can. Please inform us when you book as it will take time to make the necessary preparations.
- Is it possible to smoke during the meal?
- Yes, we provide different areas for smokers and non-smokers. Smokers are guided to a smoking area.
- Do you provide access to the Internet?
- Our restaurant and all rooms provide Wi-Fi access.
- Can you look after my luggage before I check in and after I check out?
- We can look after your luggage both before you check in and after you check out.
Any luggage you hand over will be returned to you at the reception.
We may not be able to take care of your luggage for long periods of time after check out.
For details, please ask.
- Is it possible to check in after 21:00?
- We are afraid that checking in is possible only to 21:00.
In the event you get held up in traffic, please notify us.
- Can I have meals at the ryokan?
- You can use our adjoining restaurant during your stay. Please inform us at check in if you want breakfast and dinner during your stay.
- Do you serve breakfast?
- We serve both Japanese (¥1,100) and western-style (¥500) breakfasts.
- Tell me how to get to Yamazaki Ryokan?
- Please refer to the Access Page.
- How long does it take from the airport to the ryokan?
- It takes about 90 minutes from Kansai Airport to Kyoto station, about 60 minutes from Osaka International Airport (Itami Airport) and another 30 minutes by bus from Kyoto station to the ryokan.
- Do you have rooms with bath and toilet?
- Yes, we have a number of rooms with bath and toilet. Be sure to request this when you book your room.
- Do you have rooms with kitchens?
- No, we do not.
- Is air conditioning provided?
- Yes, the lobby and all rooms are air conditioned.
- Do room charges include consumption tax?
- Yes, they include 10% consumption tax.
- Are meals included in the room rates listed on your web site?
- No, they are not. The price list does not include the cost of meals. Meals are charged separately.
Welcome to Kyoto restaurant and Ryokan Yamazaki
Restaurant and Ryokan Yamazaki is a 30-minute bus ride from Kyoto station
and offers easy access to the Takao area.
Situated in a quiet corner of Kyoto,
we offer an opportunity to enjoy the changing seasons of Kyoto up close.